- You can easily volunteer time effort,money or simply awareness about some good welfare organisations in Pakistan like Hospitals; http://www.shaukatkhanum.org.pk/ Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre is a state of the art facility in Pakistan. It is bieng run in a non-profit basis and requires much donations, volunteers. You can spread awareness about it's activities and help it generate support and funds.Another very good effort , also totally free with state of art facilities and nursing school is Indus hospital in Korangi, Crossing, Karachi. http://www.indushospital.org.pk/ This also needs much financial support. I send my poor, lower midddle class totally free patients here. They get medical advice, free tests, often operations.Please spread awareness about this hospital also as they are only one and a half years old and need much support.
- The organisations doing health charitable work are many but I am linking http://sadawelfare.com/ an organisation working with children and in need of much financial support. They work ceaselessly in tuberculosis treatment,blood donations and medical drugs provision with national Institute Of Child Health , Karachi and Dow Medical College Hospital. karawane hayat http://www.keh.org.pk/ ,Baitul Sakoon http://www.baitulsakoon.org/ working with cancer patients,a unqiue organisation.
- Edhi Welfare Foundation is the most famous in Pakistanhttp://www.edhifoundation.com/ This selfless worker organisation needs all the financial and other help it can. The Citizen's foundation http://www.thecitizensfoundation.org/ providing quality education to thousands of children free. Child Aid Association(childhood cancers) http://www.childaidassociation.org/ .This organisation has also helped thousands of children from all over Pakistan. The Zindagi Trust working for providing quality education to poor http://www.zindagitrust.org is also a good cause to favor.
- Care and Kindness Society has the following activies; Blindness prevention activities, free clinics, free checkup, treatment and surgeries,free eye camps all over Pakistan,free intra- ocular lenses,medicines,and equipment for eye diagnostics, and operations.They also intend to establish a full state of the art eye centre at Indus Hospital , Karachi.Zakat account ;01-8688176-01,Donation account;01-8688184-01.
- Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, Civil Hospital Karachi, http://www.siut.org/ a state of art, totally free, center of excellence in Karachi for people all over Pakistan is a good choice for financial support.All banks in Pakistan recieve thier funds in all major branches.You can make a cheque /bank draft/pay order out to SIUT TRUST and send to SIUT, Civil Hospital, 74200 Karachi, Pakistan.Cash donations can be made (111=366-283) ,a representative will pick up.
- Cancer is curable. Send your Zakat/donation to Children Cancer Foundation Pakistan Trust ;Zakat acc no; 081-001536-01-3, donation acc no;081-001535-01-2, bank Al habib Ltd.,(Water pump Branch, FB Area) swift code BAHL.PKKA, Address; Children Cancer Hospital, ST-1/C, Block 10, Ayesha Manzil, FB Area, Karachi.Phone; 0213-6369160, 0213-6369170, fax; 9221-36361966.
- A pioneering institution which has cured millions with eye diseases and working in Sindh but benefitting people from all over Pakistan is The Layton Rehmatullah Benevolant Trust http://www.lrbt.org.pk/ . This also needs all the support for prevention and treatment of blindness in millions of people.
- Another pioneering institution and one of its kind in Karachi is Society for Children In Need of Special Attention (SCINOSA) http://www.scinosa.org/ .Since 1960 it works with kids disabled by Down's syndrome and mental retardation.Please send you donations, zakat,fitra,sadaqat to; MCB Bank Ltd., PLS A/C No, 1984-6 Corporate Branch, Shahra e Faisal, Karachi, PLS A/C No, 3400-6, North Nazimabad Branch, Karachi. Bank Al Habib Ltd., A/C No, 24989-01-3, Zamzama Branch Karachi. A/C No, 11221-01-5, MA Jinnah Road Karachi.
- A good institute with teaching and training facilities is The Kidney Centre, Karachi. http://www.kidneycentre.com/ .This also needs much financial support as it caters to a large population and provides dialysis to people from all over Pakistan.
If we decide to take up one organisation and continue to volunteer for them then we have done a good deed this Ramzan . May Allah give us the courage to do a good ,honest deed and find His salvation and blessing!